** TUTORIAL WITH ROWAN AND MY GROUP IN FULL MORNING **
– We think colour needs to be changed on our poster and we wants to link colour, waste etc because our primary poster is too technical at the moment.
– Our poster needs strong images like icons which tell people to don’t waste packaging.
– Information is good but needs good impact.
– 50 words in each, section like bullet points.
– Could do an icon of waste, could stick icon on so it can be removed??
– Memunah said we should to work on each area as a group, always start with visual like initials first so we will need evidence for visuals so we can show how we began and how we developed it.
– Rock is good at drawing by hand.
– Could tell the story of waste, using icons too or could use 3D if possible.
– Need to finish it in a week, preferably.
– Ask Rowan what she will think about our primary poster.
– Need to use our skills to make it better and simpler by my guide.
** ROWAN JOINING US **
– Rowan doesn’t know what the circle says.
– She can’t see the topic – what is the problem? For example.
– Identify the problem with fast food packaging.
– No headings help the viewer to understand.
– Rowan likes the colours and the circles.
– Are you solving the problem or just stating it?
– Take things from our poster at the moment and include them in our new poster.
– How are cogs related to fast food?
– Research Methods you would use – Where are these? Theory – not practical.
– Say why you’d use certain research methods?
– Check spellings
– Link poster more to packaging
– Do a map through the poster telling our story.
– I did plans over lunchtime, everyone can have a look and decide which we like best.
– Envelope Idea, Everyone like it.
– Everyone have a go at designing icons then we will choose which is the best (as a group).
– Best to use 3/4 colours.
– Rowan was talking about making points, use our 6 bullet points on original poster?
– Can use hand drawings and make it more perfect on computer e.g. Adobe Illustrator, we use computer and use graphic design style.
– Rowan to check what is written under marketing next week please.
– Also to check the other titles which need to relate to packaged food.
– Problem may be how it affect people/environment e.g. students affect environment by throwing away rubbish onto the ground.
– Cause vermin like rats/mouses disease – health issues.
– Need an order for our points so it is a story.
– Our target audience is students.
– Research Methods – questionnaire, targeted at universities, colleges and schools.
– Don’t put more information on poster – it will be behind the icon in bullet points (maybe?)
– We will be explaining in our presentation
– Each person draw poster by hand tonight then bring it for tomorrow or friday or even saturday! (We decided it’s saturday).
– If we have time perhaps do digital if we prefer.
– Munah said hand drawing is the best to start with rough designs then we will choose which is the best to do digital!
– We will decide which is best to put in the poster, how will it look, layout and colours etc.