1) Using Biodegradable materials: Adding such additives in the production process of plastic packaging (such as starch, modified starch or other cellulose, photosensitizer, biological degradation agents), will help increase the stability of plastic packaging materials into the environment. It will help the process and be easily degradable into the natural environment over a process of time. Using some new developed packaging materials such as mushroom plastic bags will also help solve this problem.
2) Raising people’s awareness of environmental protection issues: Strengthening the propaganda of environmental protection and increasing environmental awareness of citizens. Forming a good environmental atmosphere in the society we live in today, is the way forward to solve the white pollution problem and other forms of pollution that are affecting us now.
3) Sorting and recycling: To recycle waste plastics it is necessary to implement a waste classification and recycling system by throwing the different kinds of rubbish in the appropriate rubbish bins provided. This can reduce the toxicity of plastics and batteries also other toxic substances by controlling the destruction of the environment.
4) Formulating relevant laws and regulations: In order to protect the human survival and environmental issues, many countries have established increasingly strict laws and restrictive standards to limit the emission of engine pollution.
1) selecting our topic: As a group we read the eight topics seriously and selected the most suitable topics for our group, allowing everyone to have different opinions. Next we discussed everyone’s point of view, which then brought us to the decision of our final topic, fast food package waste, our target audience being being the youth of todays society age from 15 up to 25 years of age.
2) Direction: First we researched to a point of general understanding aimed at a variety of packaging. Then we determined that our research direction was fast food packaging design. In the modern society we live in and the fast pace of life, fast food packaging waste creates the most problem.We started from reality to then classifying and comparing the modern fast food industry waste.
3) Division of labor: We divided the topic into six parts, then we researched the different directions for each one of us to take, this was all related to the fast food packaging waste industry. In the poster design we also carried out the division of labor, it started with two group members designing the poster, then another group member joining into the help of that design, the other 3 members of the group started researching and collating all of the data.
4) Research: We were looking for the related information Internet based and also in the library. The group met as many times as possible for group discussions and decision making, we needed all of us to be together in the group for this enabling us to exchange our opinions, knowledge and learning outcomes. Finally we made the conclusion of putting our research into powerful key points, using a display system in our group blog.
5) Summary: In the group work we redesigned the environmental protection for fast food packaging to limit the waste, through many group discussions and meetings each member was assigned a different task to their particular strengths. Although there were several opinions that were diverse, these were discussed and solved within the group ultimately ending in the members acting with united strength. We as members of this group exchanged our views, discussed the problems and finally finished the revised design bringing a good end to this conclusion.