** OUR MEETING IN MASTER ROOM **
– We trying to finish our poster off in this morning for booking a print.
– Do references and correct poster for spellings & designs.
– Need to book a place for the poster to be printed before next week for presentation.
– Once it’s done so we can practising how to present while using finished research poster.
– Perhaps poster look better in A0 Size instead of A1/A2/A3.
– References in word document, change to APA format which is the referencing system at university.
– Put all our references in one place then everything in there then put main references on the poster then put a link on poster where people can see the full list of references.
– Do PDF, no one can change this and everyone can open this and see reference check with Rowan what is correct perhaps 6 main references on poster.
– Methodology – Research methods you would use when doing your research into food packaging waste and put these in a box on your poster.
– Finally we completed our final research poster so we booked it to print off to be pick up on next Tuesday!
– Well done to everyone!
– So we can putting words for practising how to present on tuesday at 1:30pm till 6pm in Creative Art Building instead of monday because we have plan on this monday.
– Now time to rest for weekend before crack on with presentation practise and going to sort our work out by putting into blog.
** TUTORIAL WITH ROWAN AND MY GROUP IN FULL MORNING **
– We think colour needs to be changed on our poster and we wants to link colour, waste etc because our primary poster is too technical at the moment.
– Our poster needs strong images like icons which tell people to don’t waste packaging.
– Information is good but needs good impact.
– 50 words in each, section like bullet points.
– Could do an icon of waste, could stick icon on so it can be removed??
– Memunah said we should to work on each area as a group, always start with visual like initials first so we will need evidence for visuals so we can show how we began and how we developed it.
– Rock is good at drawing by hand.
– Could tell the story of waste, using icons too or could use 3D if possible.
– Need to finish it in a week, preferably.
– Ask Rowan what she will think about our primary poster.
– Need to use our skills to make it better and simpler by my guide.
** ROWAN JOINING US **
– Rowan doesn’t know what the circle says.
– She can’t see the topic – what is the problem? For example.
– Identify the problem with fast food packaging.
– No headings help the viewer to understand.
– Rowan likes the colours and the circles.
– Are you solving the problem or just stating it?
– Take things from our poster at the moment and include them in our new poster.
– How are cogs related to fast food?
– Research Methods you would use – Where are these? Theory – not practical.
– Say why you’d use certain research methods?
– Check spellings
– Link poster more to packaging
– Do a map through the poster telling our story.
– I did plans over lunchtime, everyone can have a look and decide which we like best.
– Envelope Idea, Everyone like it.
– Everyone have a go at designing icons then we will choose which is the best (as a group).
– Best to use 3/4 colours.
– Rowan was talking about making points, use our 6 bullet points on original poster?
– Can use hand drawings and make it more perfect on computer e.g. Adobe Illustrator, we use computer and use graphic design style.
– Rowan to check what is written under marketing next week please.
– Also to check the other titles which need to relate to packaged food.
– Problem may be how it affect people/environment e.g. students affect environment by throwing away rubbish onto the ground.
– Cause vermin like rats/mouses disease – health issues.
– Need an order for our points so it is a story.
– Our target audience is students.
– Research Methods – questionnaire, targeted at universities, colleges and schools.
– Don’t put more information on poster – it will be behind the icon in bullet points (maybe?)
– We will be explaining in our presentation
– Each person draw poster by hand tonight then bring it for tomorrow or friday or even saturday! (We decided it’s saturday).
– If we have time perhaps do digital if we prefer.
– Munah said hand drawing is the best to start with rough designs then we will choose which is the best to do digital!
– We will decide which is best to put in the poster, how will it look, layout and colours etc.
** MEETING WITH GROUP IN MASTER ROOM AT CREATIVE ART BUILDING **
We sat in the master room and Rock showed us the primary poster that he and Justin had been designing over the weekend. All of us suddenly felt negative about this primary poster because we knew it was not strong enough and it looked too technical. It seriously didn’t look professional or wow us enough, however we could see how we could make it much better and more exciting etc. After this, we decided to change idea
all of us thought that it looked alright but we needed honest feedback from Rowan. It’s one of most difficult responses we made to our gourp, we decided to redesign our poster.
we decided to rest for two days (Monday and Tuesday) and then on Wednesday we will have serious discussion together because we can’t do it while Justin is not here (he’s away at the moment).
We will sort it out asap on this Wednesday by having a discussion together and following feedback from Rowan we will go ahead to get our final poster done – we can do it.
we are pretty sure that our group will learn so much after having a lecture from Brent on this Wednesday because he knows very well about creating ANY poster!
- We can add weekend problems
- Environmentally aware of your surroundings
– On thursday or whenever our meeting is next, we can bring cakes!!
** WORKING TOGETHER FOR MAPPING **
Meeting with My Group – 1:30pm till 3:30pm
– Cosmetic Packaging (some isn’t good).
– What is the market?
– Design (if corner is difficult).
– Some waste resources.
– Need to improve the design.
– Could change the shape.
– Redesign logo.
– Material is important.
– Milk bottle (make of paper, can recycle this).
– Cloth can be used outside also recyclable.
– Perhaps make audience students.
– People often just discard packaging in any place (it impacts environment).
– Perhaps just think about one product, and redesign it e.g. change material, logo, target audience, and make it more comfortable for the people.
– We will do research first. FOR EXAMPLE, if doing milk package so research materials which can be used.
– Need to think commercially if doing a product.
– Simple design for research poster (use icons, telling a story about the process).
– Could use London subway map, every point can make picture about research.
– Could use Beijing tube as new to English people.
– Arrange to meet again. TUESDAY 12th NOVEMBER 2013 at 2:15pm in Creative Art Building (same room and same table)
– we don’t want much text cos it will cause research poster look boring.
– Perhaps London & Beijing tube maps are too large but can be use that style in a smaller way to allow information to fill in.
– Our research poster example (Everyone liked this and it showed technical side).
RECYCLE –> What is it? Make a picture/icon! We make a story for Research Poster.
– Need to be more academic (got to be master level)
– We all are graphic design students so I need to create and draw from scratch to become digital then print for final product (Research Poster)
– Need a base to start from doing research first and see what will happen after this.
– Could use Adobe illustrator.
– Can create a layout together as a group.
– Can put illustrator and photoshop in InDesign.
– We all have software strengths
- Me – Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and illustrator
- Justin – Adobe Photoshop and illustrator
- Sandra – Adobe Photoshop
- Canda – Adobe Photoshop
– Others have researched 4 products – Cartons (everyone), Cosmetics (women), Red Wine (adults) and Foods (everyone).
– Could research foods (Agreed as group).
– Fast foods –> Takeaway foods –> Packaging.
– Save everything for my journal blog and our group blog.
– Can start a group blog (Each of you add your progress work to group blog).
– DON’T USE PDF CAUSE IT WON’T WORK WITH BLOG.
– DO USE JPEG TO ADD IMAGES.
Our List To DO RESEARCH (ALWAYS START RESEARCH FIRST)
- Foods waste (different 6 countries) – ROCK & MUNAH (Three different countries for ROCK and other three different countries for MUNAH)
- Recycling (Laws in different countries – Singapore, good to look at) – ROCK
- Materials – (Research recyclable materials) – CARINA
- Packaging #1 (Font, Pollution, Environment,) – JUSTIN
- Packaging #2 (Colour, Packaging Visual) – MUNAH
- What is fast foods (what does it mean, sale and consumption) – SANDRA
WordPress can click, edit, can add image and words an same page at bottom you write your name or use tag/categories as your name so everyone will know its your work.