Meeting with My Group – 1:30pm till 3:30pm
– Cosmetic Packaging (some isn’t good).
– What is the market?
– Design (if corner is difficult).
– Some waste resources.
– Need to improve the design.
– Could change the shape.
– Redesign logo.
– Material is important.
– Milk bottle (make of paper, can recycle this).
– Cloth can be used outside also recyclable.
– Perhaps make audience students.
– People often just discard packaging in any place (it impacts environment).
– Perhaps just think about one product, and redesign it e.g. change material, logo, target audience, and make it more comfortable for the people.
– We will do research first. FOR EXAMPLE, if doing milk package so research materials which can be used.
– Need to think commercially if doing a product.
– Simple design for research poster (use icons, telling a story about the process).
– Could use London subway map, every point can make picture about research.
– Could use Beijing tube as new to English people.
– Arrange to meet again. TUESDAY 12th NOVEMBER 2013 at 2:15pm in Creative Art Building (same room and same table)
Memunah (ME) said
– I don’t want much text cos it will cause research poster look boring.
– Perhaps London & Beijing tube maps are too large but can be use that style in a smaller way to allow information to fill in.
– Our research poster example (Everyone liked this and it showed technical side).
RECYCLE –> What is it? Make a picture/icon! We make a story for Research Poster.
– Need to be more academic (got to be master level)
– We all are graphic design students so I need to create and draw from scratch to become digital then print for final product (Research Poster)
– Need a base to start from doing research first and see what will happen after this.
– Could use Adobe illustrator.
– Can create a layout together as a group.
– Can put illustrator and photoshop in InDesign.
– We all have software strengths
- Me – Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and illustrator
- Justin – Adobe Photoshop and illustrator
- Sandra – Adobe Photoshop
- Canda – Adobe Photoshop
– Others have researched 4 products – Cartons (everyone), Cosmetics (women), Red Wine (adults) and Foods (everyone).
– Could research foods (Agreed as group).
– Fast foods –> Takeaway foods –> Packaging.
– Save everything for my journal blog and our group blog.
– Can start a group blog (Each of you add your progress work to group blog).
– DON’T USE PDF CAUSE IT WON’T WORK WITH BLOG.
– DO USE JPEG TO ADD IMAGES.
Our List To DO RESEARCH (ALWAYS START RESEARCH FIRST)
- Foods waste (different 6 countries) – ROCK & MUNAH (Three different countries for ROCK and other three different countries for MUNAH)
- Recycling (Laws in different countries – Singapore, good to look at) – ROCK
- Materials – (Research recyclable materials) – CARINA
- Packaging #1 (Font, Pollution, Environment,) – JUSTIN
- Packaging #2 (Colour, Packaging Visual) – MUNAH
- What is fast foods (what does it mean, sale and consumption) – SANDRA
WordPress can click, edit, can add image and words an same page at bottom you write your name or use tag/categories as your name so everyone will know its your work.